Saturday, July 14, 2012

Family California Trip



We have been planning this trip since Christmas time. 
I am sad that it is over.


Of course the boys CANNOT get together without a little wrestling.
We stayed in a Marriott Residence Inn in Placentia, CA. The rooms were nice and we enjoyed their breakfast every morning. It was only about 10 minutes from Disneyland.

Big brothers are sooooo fun!


Day 1 --- Fun in the Sun!
On our way to Huntington Beach. While we were there I realized that it was Memorial day and that 23 years ago on Memorial Day, Adam and I had our first date at that very beach. What a sweet memory!
My five fun and amazing sons!

Me and my darling daughters-in-law
The kids were all fascinated by the little sand crabs.
 
Bathing beauty!




Sand Castle Time!

The Mermaid!

Day 2 --- DisneyLand!



(No Picture of D. Too much sun the day before, so his eyes were sunburned and he couldn't open his eyes long enough to get his picture taken.)










The Tolmans at Big Thunder Mountain

Rowleys and our Goofy Guide on the Jungle Cruise
Anybody Home?

































The Tower of Terror

Day 3 --- DisneyLand Again!

 




 






Another Terrifying Ride!
Watching the amazing night show, World of Color.
   
Day 4 --- SeaWorld
Last time this camera was used. BAD SHAMU!
Day 5 --- a wandering day...
On our last day, Alex and Jess had gone home. The younger boys went to the beach with the Rowleys, Memmotts and the Carrolls.  Blade and Ginger went to DL because Ginger had been sick on an earlier day. Grandma and Sharon wanted to go to DL again too. So did I.   I wanted to explore, and go where, when, and how fast I wanted to. I wanted to meet Mickie and Minnie. I wanted to browse the shops. Amazingly, it was the least crowded day we were there. And sadly, I discovered that you CAN go up in Sleeping Beauty's Castle. I had told Elijah that you couldn't, but Blade and I discovered that you could. So he missed out. Guess I will just have to take him again. Before he grows up and doesn't care.

 

The staircase to Sleeping Beauty's Castle




I hope you enjoyed this post because it took me hours and I was growling the entire time.


No comments:

Post a Comment