Monday, August 6, 2012

August Garden

Garden of E   ~  2012

Just now starting to get overwhelmed with produce. This year I planted Okra (new), 2 rows of cucumbers, tomatoes, magic beans, cauliflower, broccoli, cabbage, brussel sprouts, eggplant, tomatillos (new), 3 kinds of melons, basil, cilantro, green beans, purple beans (new), celery, several kinds of peppers, marigolds, onions (new), beets, gold, red, and russet potatoes, corn, asparagus (new), parsley, and alfalfa. It is lovely. I only wish I could plant it and care for it, then get someone to pick and process all that produce. That is not my favorite part. But the eating is good!


Beets and Onions

Banana Peppers

Potatoes

I love red marigolds

My pitiful sunflower

Asparagus and Parsley

5 rows of Alfalfa so far. I will till it in in the fall and plant in the rows next year.

4 rows of sweet corn.

These are melons growing on the same vine...go figure.

Basil....mmmmm....pesto anyone?

Next time I plant something new, I will do a little more research. These are the HUGE tomatillos that I grew this year. My rows are 5 feet apart and I have to keep trimming the plants on both sides because they are growing  into the neighboring rows.

Cool tomato plant hedge

Feed me Seymour!

Beautiful Broccoli
Pretty Purple Beans

Magic Beans

Okra. I will have to get a picture of the blossom. It is beautiful!

Loaded with Honey Crisp apples.

The fruit trees are doing much better this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment