Monday, August 6, 2012

Annual River Trip 2012




My brother-in-law was a river guide in his youth and it is something that he loves. So he plans a Snake River trip up in Alpine, Wyoming for our family and his family every summer. I wasn't planning on going on the river trip this year. Dallin was going to be gone to Boy Scout camp, my checkbook was still recovering from our DL trip, I really am not that fond of camping and I do not like river rafting. (I don't like being cold and wet and sitting on the raft for 2 hours hurts my butt.) But Chance informed me that if we didn't go, come hook or crook, he was going without us. So, I realized that this time next year, he will most likely be on his mission and then the following year, his cousin Miles will be going on his mission and so this was the last year they could be on this trip together for many years. So we went and it was pretty relaxing. I got to spend a few hours with my great-nephew William and he is a sweetheart! We told entertaining family stories around the campfire. My friend Sandy, who lives not too far away, brought her daughter to raft with Chance. It was nice catching up with her. My birthday was during the trip and so Melodee and Jeff made me dutch oven cobbler. YUM! She was going to put candles on it but I'm glad that she forgot. We could have started a forest fire! 
Family, fun and food. What is better than that? 
Always good to be home though.

Ready for an adventure!
Too much fun...

Deni and her niece, Zoe.
Darling William and his beautiful mommy, Leah.



My blonde boys
Chance and Caitlin daring the rapids in a kayak.


James and Joclynn
My awesome sister, Melodee.


No comments:

Post a Comment